From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 06:29:32 -0400
Roy writes....
I recently took a whole frame of drone comb out of hive, and tore apart all
the comb looking for mites. I first started by pulling each frozen pupa put
of its cell, then followed with an alcohol wash (till no more mites came
out) on those pupa's to see how many mites I missed.

my comments...
if you know something about the numbers behind population or population dynamics you should understand the significance of how many mites you find on any drone cell is much more important than how many mites you find on a given frame.  one or two mites means the population of mites is holding it's own while number of mites in each cell that approach 3 or larger means you have a quickly expanding population.