From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 07:54:07 -0500
Hi Chris,,

I have been doing this type of removal for a bunch of years. I have never had a queen exit
that I know was the queen at the time of installing the screen wire funnel. I have had virgin
queens take mating flights and return to the trap hive.The process from start to finish takes 2 months.
IF, after a month bees find a way to re-enter the wall, unless you catch this as soon as it happens,
and the pollen and nectar come in again fresh, she will start laying again.
That will cause the process to be extended.

We have about 8 of these setup now. We will start a new one Saturday, the 7th. Really too late to start a trap out.
Not enough resources for the bees to build new comb and survive.

This does not answer your question, but I would say that she will cease laying in about 3 weeks.
That is the reason for the time table of 2 months.

Hope this helps,

Lionel