From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:33:17 -0600
> I cannot believe we are going back over this topic. I do not see anything
new being added.

We regularly revisit topics, especially after time passes.  Our policy is
to keep an open mind and keep up with the latest happenings.

At this point, some of the material is repetetive, since list members
change, and of those that remain, not all can recall all the details.
Nonetheless, we assume that -- if discussion is allowed to run its
course -- we will find out if anything new has been learned.  I see some
new material coming from this: a number of people have tried the idea and
have comments to make.  Lusbys are another year down the road and Dee is
agreeing to something like the test you were demanding.

> Anyone who has not read Martin's paper, I can send it.

I hope you are not suggesting that because someone wrote a paper that the
matter is setled forever?  I hope not.

Whether the topic itself is sound and has merit, we have derived a great
deal of benefit from the issues it has raised.  Hopefully the topic will
continue here, but not dominate all discussion -- or be a source of
intolerance.

I'd like to have a report from Dee on how many hives they have now and how
the honey production is working out.

I'd also like to see other old topics come back from time to time, like
FGMO, for example.  I understand that it is working in a niche application,
and am curious if it will ever hit the mainstream.

allen
http://www.internode.net/honeybee/diary/