From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:55:23 +1000
Chris posted

> Is there available on line a list or synopsis of the presentations and of
> the firms in the ApiExpo and their wares and view of life the universe and
> beekeeping?

I think there are some copies of the book of abstracts left.  I will check
and let you know how much they are and where you can get them.

The website is still current (not sure for how long) and if you go to it
www.apimondia2007.com then click on ApiExpo, then go down the page, you will
see the list of exhibitors and if you click on each you will get a summary
of what they are about.  Not all submitted this resume.

> Remind me again of the name of the World Honey Queen. I am told that in
> her
> acceptance speech she said her country would be bidding to be host in
> 2013. It
> is likely that they will be in competition with Great Britain for that
> honour.

The lady was Tatiana (if I have the spelling right).  Not like you to forget
something as important as the Honey Queen Chris.

Yes the Ukraine did say they were going to bid for 2013.  Not being up with
Apimondia politics, I would imagine that Mexico might also bid again for
2013.  I wouldn't see them putting all that effort into the bid at Melbourne
just to walk away and not bid again.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA