From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:40:46 -0600
Hello James and All,
Thanks to James for his as always excellent ideas.

I will ad a few comments.

I have given jars of bees to biology students, to the KC Zoo to feed birds which only eat bees and many people for bee venom therapy.

 Honestly how much trouble could you get into filling a jar with honey bees for  people?  You keep bees and people need bees.

Write a receipt that the bees you give are to be used for research only and keep a copy.
Sell the bees for less than a dollar but PLEASE do not turn a person wanting bees for BVT away.

I will continue to give the bees away and take my chances as BVT is not considered the way it was 20 years ago.  I suspect my liability would cover selling bees because  I sell bees as nucs.    What's the difference?   After the person leaves your property then the bees are HIS or HER  property. You can do whatever with your property can you not?

Both my parents had arthritis.    My mother had crippling rheumatoid arthritis  at a young age.   Very painful.   I have been keeping bees all my life and have got zero arthritis.   Are the stings the reason?.  I really do not understand why I  do not have any arthritis.   My doctor has even given me the arthritis test which came back negative.   He does not understand why I do not have arthritis because arthritis runs in my family on both sides.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri