From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:07:54 -0400

"Are you saying that the bees move the honey from close to the entrance to
distances further within the hive?  If so, has a reason for this activity been
determined?"

If you have your frames arranged the 'warm way' or use a top bar hive with the entrance at the end, you'll find that bees rear their babies near the entrance where fresh food is coming in and place their reserve supply (honey) at the rear where thieves will have to fight their way through the whole hive to obtain.  I was able to take a good harvest of surplus honey from my TBH a couple of days ago, simply working from the rear.

Chris