From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:59:11 -0500
>Bees aren't generally fond of animal sweat.   They don't like ours, or dogs
>or horses in that respect, but generally something has to get the bees
>riled up before they'll go looking for a target to sting.

Maybe others will see different but few dogs go with beekeepers into bee
yards. The dogs might ride in the truck or watch from a distance but my dogs
would not enter the actual bee yard. Others?

I have been told dogs can be trained to sniff out foulbrood but have never
heard of such a dog. Others?

. Bees would always zero in on my dogs .

I have an outside cat which will enter the home yard an catch field mice and
I have saw hawks drop and catch mice in the bee yard.

It may sound gross but here goes. In the country farmers brush hog around
the edge of a field and the mice keep moving in. With the last cut the field
population of mice drops.
When we wanted mice to play with as boys we would wait and run the mice out
before the farmer would do the last  cut and catch a few to keep as pets.
Also corn and garter snakes.Hawks and other predators would clean up what
was left.
A practice older than I am.
bob