From:
Mark Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:04:20 +0200
Hi All
Last year I posted an artical about the bee scorpion. I have had hive sites
which have had a very bad infestation of veroa. If you lifted the lid to the
hive you could see veroa on the backs of a lot of the bees, then it would
sudenly vanish. This has happened to quiet a lot of my hives, on
investigation the only thing I could put it down to was the bee scorpion.
Barry Donavan of New Zealand and I discussed the matter but due to a
shortage of funding have been unable to do any scientific work on the bee
scorpion. Just out of intrest sake I find that my SHB population is kept to
a minimum if the bee scorpion is present. Eddy Lear and I have dicused the
matter of the bee scorpion and agree that it plays some part in the control
of veroa. To date I have not treated a single hive of mine with any form of
chemical, not a single lose due to veroa

Barry Donavan can add quiet a lot of info for us and give us some more
sugestions.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Mark Hale
South Africa.