From:
Molokai Meli LLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:52:39 -1000
On Mar 11, 2008, at 5:24 AM, Jeffery Swan wrote:
>  My concern is that
> it may have crystalized in the comb (is that possible?) and will not be
> able to be extracted. I would really hate to loose all that honey, but
> can always use it to feed new hives if necessary.

Aloha Jeff,

This happens to us often since our variety crystalizes within 3 weeks
of being capped.  Even when crystalized, it tastes good.  We use a comb
cutter and a large spatula to scrape it off the foundation, then put
two layers in a nice clear plastic comb container, put a label on it,
and our customers love it.  Pure and natural honey candy.

Howard has another way of liquifying that he's had success with.  It
has to do with putting the supers in a sealed place with a light bulb
to make the honey soft again.  Perhaps you can share with the group
Howard.

The only caution I might have is if you used any chemicals in your
hives while the supers were on.

Molokai Meli