From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:18:30 -0300
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM, charles Linder wrote:

> I am not against testing at all,  unfortunately the testing, the hype , and
> the real world are not in the same rooms.
>
> In my book it just shows how out of touch the anti group is.  It seems
> their
> only goal is funding and money.
>
> Situation may be a little different in other parts of the world,  but
> that's
> where we are here in the corn belt.

I am heartly with you Charles. I have read what you wrote before and I am
in total agreement. >To much absent beekeepers wanting to blame the outside
world for their faults.

I am afraid this is a world situation and if you succeed with your colonies
or managment they only pull you down by the jacket or said you have been
sold to the system. F*** them all (sorry for my french ;).

Hopefully sense and science will triumph. In the mean time not much to do
but to keep healthy hives and excess of them to be able to sell to ones in
need ;) and yes make some money in the process.

I haven't finish this season yet, but so far so good. Some 3500
pollinations with 2000 hives and an average fo 27 kg of honey per hive. All
need queen self produced and some 1000 new colonies well set for the coming
winter (plus the 2000 in the honey production scheme). I am still waiting
for the Ulmo tree to confess (will know in two more weeks). We manage to
change the fleet (2 new Hino trucks and one 4x4 pick up for the Boss je je)
all honey sold at a decent price (average 3.3 US$/kg bulk price) and
starting this new season (without considering the Ulmo) with no debt and
around us$90.000 in the bank.

If I look to the sides ... well, lots of colleagues complaining. And yes we
have had 5 drought years in a row.

Anything could happens for my next report, but I'm prepared for the worst
and hope for the best.

Nutrition, varroa control and Bitches of The Swamp (tm) (our ecotypic
mongrels) are the keys.

The rest are excuses.

Enough said.

Cheers to all.