From:
Andreas Kasenides <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1993 13:23:27 +0300
Hi everybody.
I am relatively new to treating varroa and I need somebody's
experienced comments on the concentrations of fluvalinate
based drugs used in treating varroa.

What we have here (CYPRUS) is a drug called MAVRIK which if
I am not wrong indicates that it is 240gr/liter concentration.
I was a bit sceptical in using MAVRIK since on the label it said
nothing about treating varroa and it only gave concentrations
for other (agricultural) uses.

On our first attempt in using MAVRIK we were alarmed because
about a week-ten days after applying the drug we noticed several
dead bees right on the entrance. They seemed to be young bees
that were somehow deformed (wings were not of the right shape).
Could MAVRIK cause this problem. Is it anyting we need to be alarmed?
Note that these are brand new colonies from the same "mother hive"
and had no such problem before.

Could someone also suggest a method of application for this drug
since it comes in liquid form?

Thanks

Andreas Kasenides
Andreas Kasenides                       |   Come to Europe come to Cyprus!!  |
[log in to unmask]              |   Europe's most european!!         |
University of Cyprus                    |                                    |
Nicosia, Cyprus.                        |                                    |