From:
Gilles RATIA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:26:11 +0200
Hi all,

I received this message:

need your expert help....
I work for an airline at LAX (Los Angeles, CA)....we and some other airline
tenants at the airport, are having a large problem with new runaway bee
colonies. This problem started last year where we only had a couple of
incidents, where the bees land either on the tarmac or in one of our
aircraft of pieces of ground support equip. We call the fire dept and the
USDA.....for which their advise is to call an exterminator.  This year alone
at my work we had 4 incidents, and I heard United and American airlines have
also had several incidents. I feel bad for the bees that they have to be
exterminated for doing what is natural to them. Since the airport is too
noisy and the bees are not agresive, I don't believe they are the
africanized type....more likely the European. Is there any beekeeper expert
that has a heart and does not want to see these excellent creatures
destroyed, willing to remove the swarms/colonies alive, away from our
premises and all other airline premises. It is evident that something is
happening  around the LAX airport area, for all the suden to have swarms of
runawy bee colonies.......
pls write to [log in to unmask] (aero recovery systems-unit load
device)....
regards
Juan M Parodi
13812 Catalina Ave
Gardena, CA 90247 USA
<<<<<<<<

Can anybody help him?

Thanks,

Gilles RATIA
Beekeeping Consultant
Webmaster of the "Virtual Beekeeping Gallery" http://www.beekeeping.com
President of the Apimondia Standing Commission on Beekeeping Technology and
Equipment

APISERVICES
Beekeeping Development
"Le Terrier"