From:
Mary Slabaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2018 00:40:02 -0500
Charles, thanks for the helpful response.  I was specifically looking for any studies on how vaporization of OA affects open brood, and the few studies I found, including the ones you referenced in early January, used either OA/50% sucrose dribble (Hatjina and Haristos, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/289347839_Indirect_effects_of_oxalic_acid_administered_by_trickling_method_on_honey_bee_brood) or feeding of OA-containing diet to larvae (Perkins and Snell, http://bees.gatech.edu/sites/default/files/images/deja.pdf). Just wondering if the ~15% reduction in open brood area seen by Hatjina and Haristos (that persisted for up to 60 days post treatment) has been noticed by those using OAV in spring or summer treatments, or in treatments done at splitting as suggested by Randy Oliver recently on bee-l.