From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:36:06 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Stan Umlauft [log in to unmask]
>{Q}: Could I take some brood from one of the other hives and let
>them make a queen?
>
>{A}: Yes, with 16 days from egg to queen, this seems like your best bet.
It's a little early to get good queens on short notice. Make shure you have
ample young bees, pollen, and honey next to the young introduced brood. If
you shake in extra

Once again we have forgotten a most important step. Removal of the emergency
cells. At the fourth day, after adding eggs any sealed queen cells must be
removed, if not a scrub queen will result, and not be up to standard. Any
queen cell sealed before 9 days is from larvae or eggs which are to old,
which might account for a number of complaints about queen quality!!!
   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *