From:
Donald Franson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:03:13 -0600
Scott:
I did not see the listing you discribed however I can sumize what you are
asking.

A while back I decided to get my food handlers permit because I figured that
hive products were food and I wanted to be safe if anyone asked for my
permit which is required in my state, anyhow I learned in the classes that
honey is not considered a potential risk food, neither are the other hive
products when treated properly.

Furthermore my county requires that to sell honey or hive products through
retail sources that they must be processed through a county licensed (and
taxed) commerical kitchen, however there is a loophole in the law.

If you are not selling to or through a retail store you can process your
products anyway you want.

PS regarding the drying of pollen.  Yes I make sure the pollen is dry and I
test by trying to smash the pellets, if they smash down between your fingers
with light pressure they are not dry enough.

Don