Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:03:10 -0800
Going back to the message at http://tinyurl.com/5o7lrj ,

There are still many unanswered questions, and a clarification.

Please excuse the repetition, but no response has been received for a number
of interesting and novel claims.
---
>> Old eqjuip from the 7 CCD yards was reused, with nothing done to it.
>
> I have heard conflicting reports. Was it really CCD?  If so, then your
> comments, above, seem to conflict with one of the defining criteria for
> identifying bona fide CCD.

I have not seen a reply to this.

There was, I believe, however, a question asked about how long CCD equipment
is contaminated.

>> Saw nosema NO PROBLEM as identified by Dr Bromenshenk,
>
> Dr. Fischer reported a different version of the story here recently and
> that a treatment was used if I understand him correctly.  Can you address
> that?

I re-read all my material and could not find any reference to treatment, and
you have confirmed that you did not treat, so I withdraw that and apologise,
again, as I did some time back by email.  This was answered.

>> looking at samples from all around the USA from bee colonies kept in the
>> USA, that for some reason showed origin of bees also from Australia!
<snip>
>> so question in my mind:  What they doing in USA?
>
> Maybe some samples were sent over from Oz, and not taken from US bees?

Still waiting for an answer.

>> ... other states in USA then showing POSITIVE samples for Nosema that
>> also included the other maladies from same samples and showing positive
>> for AFB, EFB, para, Sac, Sept, Acarine, insective poisoning were...
>
> Positive for acarine in 1959?   Citations please.

Still waiting

>> ... except I did not use treatments as don't beleive in then, nor
>> artifricial feeds but instead used live and let die and breed from the
>> strong and let the weak go.and also for the record each yard has made a
>> barrel of honey and some more!! immediate year following.

> You mention no stats on how many were originally standing and when, how
> many died and when, How many splits were made and when, and when the
> recovery was complete and count was made, what the numbers were.  I know
> commercial beekeepers keep detailed notes, so I'm trusting you can give us
> numbers. For the record.

No reply yet.

> A barrel of honey from 60 hives is not much, but maybe the yard is only
> ten hives?  Seems to me that your yards are much larger than that, though.

How big was the yard, before and after?

> Thanks for taking the time to write this out clearly.  I look forward to
> details that will help me understand this in real terms.

Still waiting.

> I was thinking of the earlier period.  However, let me add that my
> understanding is that recovering numbers in the south is not hard if no
> honey is to be produced.  In the north, successfully splitting up to 16
> from one has been well-documented and in a short season area.  So please
> explain why recovering numbers as reported  is so remarkable?  I must be
> missing something.

Still wondering.

>> Now, let me say, I can dig deeper into my files should it be wanted with
>> more for discussion.

I'm hoping you are dong that, since quite a few people wonder at the
generality of statements made, and the lack of numbers.

Thank you in advance

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/
---
"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."
Friedrich Nietzsche