From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:38:24 +0000
Hi All

I suspect that trying to come between Jim and Bob will not be painless, but let's try ....

Jim: 'MaryAnn has not yet published any results, ... '

Try this: http://www.ento.psu.edu/MAAREC/CCDPpt/WhatPesticidesToDoWithItJune08ABJ.pdf

Bob: 'You have to be pretty naive to believe the neonicotinoids are not killing
bees in the U.S. in certain areas!'

I agree with you Bob, in that the use of them is so widespread that there must be problems somewhere.  Not CCD though, probably.  In the paper from the link above you will find that of the 17 most commonly detected pesticides detected in bee bread and trapped pollen not one was a neonicotinoid.  Of the 11 most commonly detected pesticides in wax, not one was a neonicotinoid.

Not that I'm not saying that MaryAnn Frazier, or me, is claiming whether they got there by legal or illegal means, it is just that if you want to point the finger at pesticides the first two (maybe the first three) are put there by beekeepers somehow.

Now, let's all be nice to each other, eh?!

all the best

Gavin