From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:21:27 -0800
> I don't see any vilification of conventional beekeepers by organic
beekeepers.

 >...the use of nasty chemicals and hazmat suits.

I rest my case!

> if you are lighting up a smoker and lifting boxes every working day, you
are not likely to have a

> business model that is "sustainable"  in the sense that you have created an
> ongoing business that you could sell

Jeffrey, there are many multigenerational beekeeping operations that have
been sold by fathers to their children.  Allen himself, who is known to
have lit a smoker from time to time, sold his business.  Prior to varroa,
the selling of a bee business was a regular thing.  Hardly a day goes by
that I don't fire up a smoker and lift boxes, yet I am planning to sell my
business to my own sons.

By the way, I don't appreciate your tone--we are trying to have a
reasonable and polite discussion here.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA