From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 13:04:44 -0700
My thanks to Bil and Gavin for there suggestions regarding my pollen
additions. There are however some practical difficulties in my compliance
with them.

My wife does the extraction part of the process and she has pointed out
politely that Gavin's suggestion of tiny pipettes is not likely to be
implemented in her part of the operation.

Bil has noted that I am mixing pollen with the honey already during the
extraction process, but am I doing enough? When I started beekeeping forty
years ago, I did not use queen excluders and there were indeed a lot of
pollen cells in with the honey. Now I use excluders all the time and there
are very few if any pollen cells in with the honey.

This may be a route to excluding the honey from countries we don't want to
deal with - find out if they use excluders and demand honey only obtained
using the other method.

Another might be to put the information on the label and let the buyer
decide what he wants. The current approach seems to be descending into
madness.

                                    Best regards

                                    Donald Aitken