From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:27:39 -0800
Thom Bradley wrote:

>     Ah  yes, you would have a unique situation. Interesting point that brings up, you
> can obviously also control the purity of the line to a very high degree, moreso than
> even breeding on an island. Breeding outside of the natural range of the species would
> of course throw all towels out the window.

Unforunately there are many packages imported into Alaska every spring.
So even though we are outside of the natural range of the Honeybee the
neighborhood drones my queens mate with are imports.  This does limit my
possibilities.  Not as isolated as I might like for breeding winter
hardiness.

Tom

--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Chugiak,  Alaska
U.S.A.