From:
Christopher Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:29:15 EST
Please explain to somebody not from the USA what the USDA honey loan program
is.  Is it in effect a Government subsidy to US beekeepers?  You already have
it cushy, getting sugar at World prices instead of paying inflated European
Community prices as we have to.  Perhaps we should complain of unfair
competition.  How much honey does the US import from Europe?
I am inclined to agree with Andy's assessment of the 5 main problems with
beekeeping.  The trouble with governments is that they invariably interfere in
the way I don't want them to and don't interfere in the way I do want them to.
Chris Slade