From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:40:43 -0800
Steve Pearce wrote:

> Dearest Bee "liners"
>
> I have heard of the "long idea hive" but have never seen an example in any form. It seems to me to
> be a very adaptable system, does anyone out there use this system, what are the pros and cons and
> are there any pictures/plans anywhere.
        I built a 33 frame long hive several years ago for a friend who
is confined to a wheelchair. It had a center section that would accept
standard honey supers. The bees just don't want to work that way and its
just about impossible to get them to use the end frames. We gave up
after 3 seasons of trying.