From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:05:54 -0400
    Sometime ago I posted re: the use of a new/guarded queen in a cage
to entice an existing queen to the cage in order to ease the effort of
finding her. The first time it worked.
    I have had the opportunity to try this on three other occasions. I
wish to report that on none of these occasions has this method been
productive. Unless another 'keeper has the opportunity to fine-tune this
method, I will abandon it as a good effort and logical concept but not
in the character of  the bees.

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA