From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:39:08 -0500
At 05:15 PM 1/26/06 -0500, you wrote:
>BeeBrain wrote:
>
>A diatribe not worthy of response.

That may be :)

>Interesting that the email address is

>where dissimulo is an ISP masker to keep the sender from being found out.

I would hope that if you or anyone else were to contact my ISP that they
would not divulge ANY personal information about me, period. If they did, I
would have them in court so fast it would make their heads spin. Having
worked in the security end of the ISP business for many year and run my own
internet-connected servers, I am all too well aware of the issues of
privacy and security and the ways in which one's privacy and information
security can be violated. Give me access to raw packets on a wire and you'd
be amazed at what I could find out.

Companies such as Cotse.net are simply providing a more secure network
environment for their customers than that which is provided by the typical
ISP. Secure and/or filtered ports, tunneled protocols, secure mail servers
and encrypted email are nothing new. Older insecure protocols like telnet
and ftp are becoming a thing of the past.

If I wanted to disguise my identity, which I don't, I would not register a
domain name (go to http://www.whois.net/ and lookup sweettimeapiary.com and
you'll get my name, mailing address, and phone number) and I would utilize
only encrypted protocols and anonymous remailers.

>I would hope the list not allow anonymous posters. We have enough
>trouble with the people we know.

Signing up on this list requires only a valid email address. This does not
imply nor require a real identity. I would hope that anyone posting to this
list would be willing to divulge at least their name.

George-

George & Nancy Fergusson
Sweet Time Apiary
326 Jefferson Road