From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:32:02 -0500
From Larry Conner at Wicwas Press to Dan Mayer and myself, last week.

"Jerry and Dan

We have copies of Pollinator Protection back in print. We are using an international service so people should be able to obtain copies from Wicwas Press or most major bookstores in North America, Europe and Australia.

We designed a new cover to fit with other Wicwas titles. This gives the book a classic appearance.
Our website price will be $32 to include postage. At book sales we will charge $30 per book.
For 6 or more copies, there is a 40% discount, lowering the price to $18 per book, plus shipping.

So, spread the word. I am glad to finally find a printer who would take this on, and then mastering their learning curve to do this and future reprints using their service...

Larry"

Many thanks to Larry.  This is a seminal book reflecting the knowledge of pesticides garnered through the life-long work of Johansen, Mayer, and Larry Atkins.  It should be on everyone's bookshelf.

It is a required reading for the Journeyman level of our Univ. MT Master's Beekeeping Series.  Larry had a tough time finding a printer that would take on the project. For your own education, add this book to your library and read it - you'll find a wealth of information on pesticide hazards, practical advice for reducing  risks, and a compendium of data on the older pesticides (pre-neonic).  To encourage Larry to do the same with other 'hard to find' books, buy a copy.  As Randy Oliver found, finding an affordable copy is difficult, this makes the book available at a reasonable price (it's 212 pages).

Thanks Larry