From:
"Smart, Billy Y" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:26:32 -0600
I am a first year beekeeper and I have had three of my 5 hives die already
here in South Central KS. I am finding these small white egg-looking objects
as well. The colonies died because they were too weak going into winter. The
cluster in each of these hives amounted to only a frame and a half of bees.
I have also seen some signs of robbing as there is some exposed honey on
some of the bottom deep frames. The eggs are scattered around the empty
combs but are concentrated in the areas of exposed honey. The honey still
drips so I don't think it's crystals.

Since the hives were weak to begin with I am wondering if they are wax moth
eggs?

Billy Smart
Rock, KS