Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 18:56:33 -0700
>>>   I remember having to continually clean the windshield and the front of my car of all the  bugs that accumulated and stuck there.  Today that is not the case.  I remember driving down the road at night and the bugs were numerous.

Ya'll have not been affected by the "love bug" season like we are here down South.   Love bugs are black, hard shelled bugs about a 1/4" to 5/8" long and when present, 95% of them are involved in the copulation process.  That's why we call them "love bugs" down here.   Anyway,  They don't seem nearly as affected by the wind stream aerodynamics of the modern car and they play havoc with windshields and especially the hoods of automobiles.  If you don't have clear coat on they can actually chip paint off the car in the front if you're going fast enough.   POINT BEING, I haven't seen much of a decline in the love bug population over the years.  That can be due to a lot of different things maybe not related to currently used pesticides.  But, those bugs are out there in the season with considerable numbers.

Mike in LA