From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:09:19 -0700
Hi to all on BEE-L

It was very good that Robert Mann posted reserch material
with reference to Mark Goodwin and site given was excellent
to read through.

However, I have a question: What is meant by kills most
strains of B. larvae? Here strains being plural and noted
as such and not singular. What are different strains of B.
larvae?

Also, since cross posted from biobee with comments added by
Peter and now Robert adding information from Mark Goodwin,
I would like to now, with permission post this reply on
biobee from Pav in NZ and ask the question:

If knowingly is everything and I think beekeepers need to
know, and it is not being looked for, then what have you
got really? A need to not knowingly know? and why?
Especially if the para-foul is the resistant one!

You get a spider bite on your arm and then your arm starts
to rot the flesh, the bite is small from the spider bite,
but the after effects of something else can kill or damage
you! If other strains of ??? have to be there as
presumptive evidence that something exists, then shouln't
all information be given as to what it is?

Here is the post Pav did and why I now ask the above and I
want to say now I highly respect Robert Mann and what
contacts I have had with him both in public discussion and
private.

Subj:    Re: [BioBee] Para - Foul brood