From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 01:24:30 -0500
Hello Dan and All,

The Thurber  long cage construction and use are also described on page 61 of
Roy's book. "Bee Chats, Tips  and Gadgets".  I treasure my copy. A
Washington beekeeper posted a couple years ago on Bee-L they were going to
start printing and selling the book again.
P.F.(Roy) Thurber was  an exceptional beekeeper. Roy's wife confided Roy
would get up in the night  trying to solve a particular beekeeping problem
he was  working on. The book is full of his many beekeeping inventions and
collections of what he considered the best beekeeping articles he had read
in various newsletters and magazines .
Dadant  published the original book in 1986 BUT Roy's wife Louise holds the
copyright.   Maybe time for  a reprint.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison