From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:05:16 -0500
Greetings all,
     Today, the owner of the property of one of my yards asked today if it
would be possible to close up three hives for a few hours one morning to
move some concrete pipes by the hives.  I told him that I thought I could,
but I wasn't sure how long.  Here in St. Louis, we have had daytime temps of
95, and night time temps of mid 70's.  The hives are in early morning shade.
I intend to screen the entrance, and add an empty super that has a screen
top on it, so they can spread out and fan better.  How long can they stay
like this.  He seems to think he would start at daybreak (6:00 am) and would
be done by 9:00 am.  Would this be a problem?  Thanks!
Scott Moser

" I believe that beekeeping mirrors life.  One must endure a few stings to
reach the final sweet reward."  S. Moser