From:
david quesada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:17:53 +0200
""With regard to American foulbrood, the affected colonies here are burned,
antibiotic treatment is prohibited. That explains to me the low level of
disease."

In my modest opinion, explanatios to this low level (official data) is
due to "fear".
AFB is hidden by beekeepers in the mayority of cases and itīs not
declared. This is so because UE law about AFB is a bit ambiguous and
may lead to restrictions to hive movements (migratory restrictions),
and commercial UE beekeepers (at least spanish beekeepers) canīt make
a living from bees if this occurs.

P. David Quesada
Laboratory of Honey Bee Pathology
Spain