From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:02:33 -0700
Coleene wrote:

> here-central lower Michigan-I was wondering if what I am seeing
> is just here or elsewhere as well.

> Today is July 20 and I am seeing Goldenrod starting to bloom and
> Knapweed is in full bloom.  The Milkweed is done,the Asters are
> ready to pop and there is a local farmer that is getting ready to
> harvest corn!  Everything is about 4 weeks early.

This past spring and early summer in Michigan has been warmer
than normal, but nothing real unusual or worrisome.

Example: Here's a graph of the April-June mean temperatures in
Michigan for the period 1950-2007
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/4af/micha.jpg

and the period 1895-2007:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/4af/michb.jpg