Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:11:45 GMT
in doing some native pollinator research, i did find a few interesting studies that showed that the _best_ pollination was when there were both native pollinators and honeybees present.

in my own yard, i see more native pollinators than i did without bees.  this may well be due to my increased observation rather than an actual increase.

my own logic tells me that the best way to encourage native pollinators is to keep honeybees.  honeybees insure that (some) flowering plants are pollinated, and therefore reproduce successfully, creating more forage for all.  yes, the 1/4mile around an apiary site _might_ be "saturated" with honeybees, everything else turns into better habitat for native pollinators.

deknow