From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 22:25:21 -0400
I'll confine my thoughts to the honeys of Maryland.

When someone asks me what the best honey is, I answer "What are you going to
use it for?  If you want a strong honey taste, use Tulip Poplar.   If you
want a light honey taste, use Locust."

About the only Maryland honey I don't care for is Buckwheat (far too strong).
  However, of all the honeys known, my pick for worst honey would be Mountain
Laurel.  It's poisonous to humans.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD