Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:42:27 -0400
> Bill said: George Imire also found this and set up a method of winter
> stores
> management that reduces the amount of fall honey, which is usually high
> ash.
>
> Bill where can one find information on this method?

Quick version- extract after clover- put slotless inner cover over deeps-
put the extracted supers over that inner cover- extract the supers in
September or after the first killing frost.

So the beekeeper ends up with the fall honey. Works great in my area since
we get a lot of honeydew honey late which is very bad for the bees but
great for the beekeeper.

With this method dysentery in my colonies is near zero. Also tripled honey
production because of more bees making it through the winter in better
health.

George was a gem.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine