Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:00:18 -0400
Kelly is not alone. You may add another gal who has purposely not treated in all separate bee yards to find very different results and effects in each.  The willingness of this beekeeper to let the bees keep some of their own honey - of various nectar flows- appears to provide a good basis of better nutrition ~ and that has either indirectly or directly promoted survivability = no treatments in 2 years.  Yes, honey harvested is diminished- but we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Each bee yard has it's various results.  The top surviving yard was a cross of ital/carni with possibly Russian - from a hobbiest nearby. And despite the mite drop, have been strong.  It would be interesting to hear more from like-minded as the variables converge. Information directly from experiences is by far a good learning tool. And of course, it depends on the variables.

Write on Kathy!

Lucy Tabit
Westport, MA