From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:11:08 GMT
    Maybe some experience from another area would be helpful on this topic.

    Over on the model-railroad newsgroup they talk quite unabashedly about
mail-order vendors.  There's been only one vendor who was consistently
trashed, and that was because of many unfilled orders; this vendor apparently
was in the process of going out of business.  The on-line comments probably
saved several people from placing orders that would never be filled.

    For the other vendors, there are mixed comments reflecting the priorities
of the individual purchasers.  If one dealer gives great service but costs
more, and another is a pain to deal with but has outstanding merchandise, it's
worth knowing these points.  I suspect most queen suppliers will fall into the
"mixed-comment" category; none except a real rip-off is likely to be
consistently trashed.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID     | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."