From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:46:33 -0600
If this is the lose/lose situation - what is the win/win solution?  Aren't all compromises both lose/lose and win/win.

Well in this case had the Ban been complete,  beekeepers could have claimed a win,  and obviously if they ignored them they would have called it a lose.

But had the ban  been complete and it showed that 3 years down the road no difference (or some number) possible it could have ended a win for both sides as they may have realized the options were worse.

My point was with this "compromise"  no real data is possible,  and both sides are still ticked off......  worst of all possible outcomes.  For beekeepers they will say the ban was worthless as it was a partial ban,  and farmers will be obviously ticked as they have to prove losses to move ahead.  Proving a loss,  now that’s painful,  not only do you as a farmer have to do the math,  then you have to go somewhere and plaed your poverty case.... talk about rubbing it in!  By the time I got to the provincial office I would be so ticked a beekeeper would never set foot near my ground again....

Seems to me that’s as bad as you can get.

Charles