From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:21:21 -0400
The recent issue of the Journal of Entomology has two articles which
we have already posted. I would hasten to point out that both of them
point very strongly to the beekeeper's abuse of pesticides as a very
likely cause of honey bee decline.

And one of them shows that there is very strong evidence de-linking
Imidacloprid with the decline. Bees have been thriving in areas of
heavy IMD use and vice versa, as per this article, as well as
statements by Medhat and others.

The article by Reed Johnson et al highlights that coumaphos and
fluvalinate may be a lethal combination for bees. These chemicals
occur combined in beeswax, and may persist in hives for FIVE YEARS
after treatment is stopped.

I know people use these products back to back and I have seen them
BOTH in peoples hives; people who should know better... But now you
are warned. Better lobby harder for oxalic, folks, and learn to keep
bees without chemicals

Peter L Borst