Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 05:41:38 -0600
Hi Charles & all,

I'm over-wintering my first hive with 2-queens (combined two of my
weaker hives with a queen exluder).
I'm trying to understand the principle of dividing the hives, but
perhaps the simplicity escapes me.  Should I simply re-divide the colony
using a 3/4" top-board between the hives, estimating 1/2 the bees are in
each side of the board?  This board should have a notched top entrance
for both the upper hive and an emergency escape (airflow) for the lower
1/2 (assume on opposite sides)?

I understand I don't want the bees moving from one queen to another, as
one will be left behind to freeze, so the queen excluder has to go until
Spring.

Confused a bit on the details,

Matthew in Colorado