From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:32:41 EST
In a message dated 11/30/00 7:50:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Lots of good posts about the chemistry of honey, many
>  thanks.  Someone asked "why".  No one mentioned what I
>  consider one of the most dramatic products of
>  evolution:  Honey!  Dilute sucrose, nectar, ferments.
>  But bees require long-term storage.  So they evolved a
>  practice of transforming it into a form, "dry"
>  fructose and glucose, which does not ferment.  Doesn't
>  this blow your mind as it does mine?

   My mind is filled with wonder too. I get high watching my bees.

   Since you've expressed your religious faith, I ask for equal time. Yes,
evolutionism is a religious faith, with an a priori assumption of no Creator,
evangelistic zeal (them Vs us mentality),  and a sense of wonder (which you
expressed). Whenever evolutionists get into power, they pile ridicule on all
who would disagree, and honest debate ends.

   I am not about to get into a point-by-point debate. Just simply to remind
you, and others on this list, that the fantastic and wondrous complexity of
our little charges can also be seen as evidence of an even more fantastic and
wonderful Creator.

   I don't regard myself as a gullible person, so I find it pretty hard to
conceive that my '57 Chevy could have been the result of an explosion in an
ore pit. -Or even billions of explosions, over an immense span of time.  And
really, that Chevy is not very complex. It takes lots less faith to believe
the Chevy had an intelligent maker.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com