Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:49:13 EDT

In a message dated 3/30/2009 5:55:13 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Schacker

This author does NOT quote Bromenshenk, because I would not let him use our
information unless I had a chance to see how he was going to use it in the
context of the book.   That didn't happen.

He is wrong on many things, but the one about areas of the U.S. without CCD
completely ignores my comments that our maps were accurate up to June of
2007.  For everyone's information, within six months of that date most  of the
supposedly non-CCD states became CCD states, even those in the SW.

So, his basic premise is wrong; and from my perspective, much of the  book is
just as inaccurate.

From our first conversation, he contended that he was going to write a  ~300
page book on CCD - that struck me as nonsense - none of us working on CCD
would have agreed to write 300 pages on a disorder that we were in the early
stages of trying to understand.  I could not have found 300 pages  worth of
credible information that early in the process.

Keep in mind, publishers like to sell books.  Put a conspiracy spin on  the
whole thing, you've got a hot seller.

I've been burned too many times by journalists.  I enjoy and cultivate
relationships with objective journalists who let me see a draft  BEFORE
publication.  The ones who tell me that they've a great story BEFORE  talking to me,
make me nervous.

Jerry