Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:11:33 -0600
It seems to me from the discussion that there would be a market for both the
"computerized hive" and the "standalone apidictor" depending upon the way one
managed his/her beekeeping operation, whether the person was a sideliner a
commercial beekeeper or a hobbyist, and what the priorities of the person are
as well as their level of experience with beekeeping.  It's easy to conceive
that there would be a market for both.  One might start out (get their feet
wet) with an apidictor and then later graduate to more advanced technology.
It would seem to me that a modernized version of the apidictor would be a step
and the progression of applying more and more advanced electronics and
technology to beekeeping operations.  I wouldn't disparage the apidictor just
because it doesn't do everything if what it does is worthwhile.  It is just one
worthwhile point in a progressing continuum.  Again, it may be worthwhile to a
(one) part of the market and not to another.  I for one feel that an
inexpensive standalone apidictor would be worth having and using while I'm
"waiting" for the fancy "cadillac" to become available.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Layne Westover, College Station, Texas, U.S.A.