From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:53:07 -0500
Juanse, I posted a note on this topic the other day and it either got missed
or ignored.    I personally just got my test back on pollen and bees from
project aphis.  They tested pollen and larva for pesticides.

NONE were found

What's important to me is that I live in the middle of the most heavily used
area for  Imacloripids and Neonics in row crops.

Granted,  no orchards or almonds but we did sample right after corn tassel
and bean bloom.  So if transportation by the plant was an issue and
collection by bees, we should have seen some level.

While I fully understand some areas may have issues with spraying and such.
It appears to me a little common sense is missing in the hype.
I am not against testing at all,  unfortunately the testing, the hype , and
the real world are not in the same rooms.

The alternative which is totally ignored by the anti group, is the return to
random spraying and control with pyrethids.  The current system of seed
supplier coatings is much safer and consistent.
That doesn't mean we don't do test on longevity and buildup and such,   just
that we quit using PPB excuses, and get on with the real problems.

It drives me nuts that we want to stop seed coatings,  but not a soul
mentions the fact that must chem. Suppliers are pushing proactive spraying
at emergence and bloom with pyrethids.
In my book it just shows how out of touch the anti group is.  It seems their
only goal is funding and money.

Situation may be a little different in other parts of the world,  but that's
where we are here in the corn belt.

Charles