Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:33:43 +0100
     Sandoz have, of course, conducted tests on Apistan influence (+ve or
     -ve) on brood and colony development/health; these trials have been
     performed by various independent bee institutes. All the results that
     we have suggest no influence [of Apistan treatment] either way.
     I suppose the one effect that is clear is that treated colonies do not
     die from Varroa attack.

     However, with biological material and behaviour being as diverse as
     they are, it's impossible to say that there will never be an effect of
     applying any hive treatment to a colony.

Apistan has been repeatedly used and tested world-wide but if Sandoz were to
receive feedback from beekeepers that treatment was causing colony damage (as
some other preparations do), the product would be re-evaluated and possibly
removed from the market.

Apistan today is as "safe" a hive treatment for bees as you can get and the
bonus is that it's good at killing Varroa too!

Best regards,

Max