From:
"scot.mcpherson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:44:22 -0600
Dee:
>>Nope....don't think so, for they didn't practice LC foundation/comb in their field management

Trevor:
>The native species are still on small cells and they now have varroa.

Trevor,
They have/host varroa, the same way dee, myself and others involuntarily host varroa. However, our hives are not crashing as a result. We are observing a more balanced co-existence.

Small cell will never eliminate varroa, nor was it ever meant to. It is merely one important aspect of whole bee management which results in overall healthier happier bees and beekeepers too.

Scot McPherson
Davenport, IA