From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:31:46 -0500
Dick Marron wrote:
>  How many
> move to blueberries, 60,000? To think that federal or any other troops could
> check this many colonies doesn't seem to be in reality.
You do not check all of them but you do check each operation. Plus,
there are supposed to be checks on both ends, Florida and Maine, and any
of the other states which are pollination stops.

I can only vouch for Maine. We do have an outstanding inspection team in
Maine. Been with them on their inspections and they do find the problems
through random inspections and sampling. Most of the problems have been
found in Maine before they were found in Florida.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine