Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:42:20 GMT
>>I am in the country with lots of woods and open fields. My question to this august and learned group is how would you go about it in that about one month time frame?

Set out scented (mint, lavendar) sugar water in small jars and patiently wait for scouts.  When scouts set up a bee line and bring recruits, start gradually moving the jars in the direction of the departing bees.  Keep a sharp eye out and you'll find the colony.

And don't neglect putting out hive bodies with old frames.  You may catch some nice swarms.

Waldemar