From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:18:08 +0100
Hi Peter & all

> What would you call adequate testing? I have worked in the California
queen
> business, and they send queens off as soon as they begin to lay. If there
> are eggs, she's shipped. (No, I don't suppose that's adequate

I was not so much thinking of the individual queens, but I would expect that
every now and a again a queen from the production program would be taken and
assessed in a full sized hive for a season or so to establish the overall
performance characteristics and ensure that they are still within the
original 'specification'.

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman