From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 16:07:21 -0400
> China's honey product output will decline considerably in 2008...
> honey processing enterprises are now faced with serious raw
> material supply shortages...

"Raw materials" - that's an ummm... very interesting choice of terms.

In other news, HFCS prices have gone up rapidly in recent months,
due to the shortage of corn not turned into ethanol, prompting some
vendors to switch from HFCS to beet and/or cane sugar, hence driving
up the prices of all the sweeteners that China would consider
desirable "raw materials" for "honey processing".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121012103341272501.html?mod=googlenews_w
sj

Somehow, I see a connaction between the two reports.

Call me paranoid, but in my operation, the only "raw materials"
that go into my honey are flowers, sunshine, and rain.

(By the way, putting "INGREDIENTS: Sunshine, Flowers, and Rain" on your
honey label sells honey, and makes people smile, so feel free to steal
my marketing.)